We’re Hiring a Brewer!
Job Title: Production Brewer
Reports To: Brewmaster
Location: Diep River, Cape Town, South Africa
You May Just Be The Perfect Fit!
Are you incredibly inspired and passionate about beer?
Do you enjoy and savour the smell of fresh hops and dream of the endless possibilities of creating a variety of beers from clean, crisp lagers to Hoppy IPAs?
Are you willing and ready to keep an open mind and learn all the aspects of production brewing in our state-of-the-art facility?
If so, WE WANT YOU!
We’re seeking motivated, multi-talented, and experienced candidates who are looking to work in a fast-paced environment and are ready to be of part a growing Brewing Team!
What The Job Involves:
- The brewer is responsible for production, from raw ingredients to bright tank.
- Sustaining a clean, sanitary, and “showcase brewery” work environment.
- Assisting with ongoing day-to-day operations within the brewery; anything from being on the brewing deck to exterior tank scrubbing.
- Assisting with the monitoring of yeast health, fermentation, cropping, and general yeast management.
- A complete willingness to get your hands dirty in the brew house, cellar, packaging hall, and warehouse.
- Being an independent worker and having the ability to work with little supervision, but knowing when to ask for clear guidance.
- Being passionate about meeting growing demands and performing other duties as needed and assigned.
- An eagerness to be part of a strong team of brewers with safety, accountability, professionalism, teamwork and fun in the forefront of the culture.
Critical Job Requirements:
- The ability to lift up to 50KG
- Capable of working in a safe and competent manner, and being aware of surrounds in an environment that has heavy machinery, equipment, chemicals and systems.
- Able to work in a noisy and high traffic manufacturing environment.
- Flexible to work on weekends and/or weeknights and respond to high priority requests.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an excellent driving record. Own transport is a must.
- Ability to take on various levels of responsibility from complex to simple tasks with a great attitude.
- Ability to take direction well, follow verbal and written SOP’s.
What You Should Have:
- A four-year degree in Science is a plus.
- A certification from an accredited brewing program is also a plus.
- In lieu of a related degree or certification, at a minimum 1 year experience in production brewing.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- An entry-level understanding of brewing and cellaring is required.
- Experience with process automation is highly desirable.
We offer a great benefit package:
- Competitive salary
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Job Growth & Training
And of Course….A monthly beer allowance and Tap Room discounts!!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Black Brewing Co. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- 1 like
Job Title: Debtors Administrator
At Jack Black Brewing Company, we are inspired by our great beer and have a passion for excellence. We are on the lookout for a tenacious, ‘can do’ Debtors Administrator who is on the ball and enjoys working in a busy and challenging environment. This position goes beyond that of a debtor’s clerk and will have you involved in all aspects of our active office.
As a Debtors Administrator you will be the lifeblood of the business, ensuring our cash is always flowing while maintaining fantastic relationships with all our customers. The ideal candidate will need to be able to work independently as well as part of the team.
The role is best described but not limited to the following:
- Handling credit agreements/vetting of customer and processing new account.
- Taking customer orders
- Account queries
- Reconciliation of debtors
- Debtor collection and follow up
- Capturing of bank receipts
- Hand over of bad debt
- 3rd party stock levels
- Vat control account reconciliation
- Sales report compiling – 3rd party
- Ad-hoc delivery route management
- Ad-hoc driver management
- Ad-hoc reconciliation of creditors
- Ad-hoc admin / filing / office support
- Ad-hoc capturing suppliers invoice
- Pastel Accounting.
- Min 3 years experience as a debtors clerk.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Reliable, responsible and trustworthy.
Great people skills, the ability to multitask and work within a team will hold you in strong stead.
Experience working in Pastel is essential.
Our team is only made up of the best so if fancy yourself being a member of the ‘A Team’ and have what we are looking for then do not hesitate to send in your details (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com
*Please note, that although we’d like to respond everyone individually, due to time constraints and the volume of CVs received, we’re unable to do this. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- 1 like
Job Title: Taproom Lieutenant General (Assistant Manager)
Each week we welcome hundreds of guests to our bustling Taproom where we host numerous events including Food Truck Fridays, craft beer festivals, live music evenings, quiz nights, birthdays, weddings and more. We’re looking for a hardworking, beer loving, bar enthusiast to take up the role of Lieutenant General at our brewery’s Taproom in Diep River, Cape Town, and support our Taproom manager with planning and general restaurant management.
Some of the expected duties and responsibilities:
- Opening and closing of the Taproom
- Stock management
- Staff management
- Cash ups
- Liaising with beverage suppliers
- Ordering of stock on a weekly and monthly basis
- General cleanliness and up-keep of the bar and the Taproom beer taps
- Booking of all brewery tours and execution thereof
- Upkeep of the beverage fridges and equipment
- Assisting Taproom Manager with staff training
- General set up and break down of functions
- Basic computer skills – Outlook, Excel and word
- Staff management experience
- Bar management experience is a must
- Cash up
Extra points will be given for the following:
- Own transport
- Beer knowledge
- Restaurant management experience
If you think you’re the perfect fit, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- 5 likes
Job Title: Office Controller
At Jack Black Brewing Co. we believe in a great work-life balance. Catch us surfing when the swell is good, or enjoying sunset hikes on Table Mountain with mates (followed by a Cape Pale Ale!) after a productive work day at the brewery.
As we grow, our team grows, so we’re always looking for outgoing, super organised, happy folks to join us and add to our great team environment.
We now have an opening for an “Official Office Controlling Agent”, a dynamic role where you will be required to dodge bullets and defuse bombs. This role is super important and is key to the successful functioning of our office and systems. As our OOC, you will have your finger on the pulse of our fast moving environment. You will be a natural team achiever, someone who gets stuck in and assists wherever possible, with a “can do” attitude and an attention to detail that is second to none!
Some of the cool stuff you will be responsible for:
- Pastel Wiz – need to know the ins and outs.
- Processing invoices and orders.
- Loading bank payments.
- Performing reconciliations for VAT, petty cash, bank, supplier and debtor accounts.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Booking of flights/accommodation.
- Inspect reimbursement claims.
- Status reporting to management team.
Other skills and experience helpful to this role:
- Absolute attention to detail and accuracy of all work.
- People management skills.
- Assisting the Human Resource Function.
- Overtime recording.
- Leave schedule management.
- Maintenance of employee contracts.
- Disciplinary procedures.
- Record keeping of deductions.
- Maintenance of the group risk schedule.
If you know you are the best person for this dynamic dynamo position – don’t hesitate to send your details and CV to email@example.com. Please remember to indicate salary expectation.
We look forward to meeting you!
*Please note that due to the popularity of this role we will only be able to reply to successful applicants. Thanks!
- 8 likes
Job Title: First Impressions Leader – AKA Receptionist
Jack Black Brewing Co. is looking for an outgoing, super organised, happy, people and task master that sets the exciting and positive tone of our great company. This is one of the most important roles we have – as the first point of contact for everybody visiting our brewery.
This is a dynamic role that stretches across all areas of the business i.e. you don’t just answer phones!!
Some of the cool stuff you will be responsible for:
- Receptionist, greeting all consumers, suppliers and visitors, answering/ transferring calls.
- Assist Taproom Management Team with events, weddings, beer festivals, etc.
- Invoicing, reconciling, food procurement, supplier control.
- Managing the Taproom Dine Plan application.
- Coordinating Bands/Food Trucks/event suppliers.
- Assisting customers in the retail shop.
- Receiving of stock for the Taproom.
- Making reservations received via telephone for the Taproom.
Real skills helpful to this role:
- An outstanding outgoing attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Organised, tidy and efficient with the ability to prioritise, multi task and manage your time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience in the following would be helpful:
- Direct client contact receptionist.
- Work exposure to the hospitality industry.
- Basic Accounting / Bookkeeping (invoicing, statements, debtors, creditors).
- Previous experience with, MS Office 365, Dine Plan, Xero or Pastel, Yoco (helpful).
- Proficiency in basic IT and technical office equipment.
Other nuts and bolts:
- Have own reliable transport and clear driving history.
If you know you are the best person for this dynamic dynamo position, don’t hesitate to send in your details. Please send your up-to-date CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
Please note that due to the popularity of this role we will only be able to reply to successful applicants. Thanks!
- 9 likes