Fresh Hop IPA – 2019 Release
Our brewers called it – this beer is Fresh AF! We’re fricken STOKED to be cracking open a bottle of our Fresh Hop IPA – straight off the line. The first of our three Limited Releases for the year.
You see, we love beer. We love brewing it as much as we love drinking it. And we love getting creative with it in a no holds barred kinda way. We dream up new recipes and experiment with small batches, in limited quantities. And Fresh Hop IPA is one of our favourite results.
We make this beer seasonally. The fresh hop harvest happens once a year during a tiny window period. We wait for the hop farmer to call and when he does, we drop everything, put the pedal to the metal, and head out to George to hand pick the whole cone hops that make this beer what it is.
Our hop varietal of choice is African Queen, the source of inspiration for our label – representing abundance and fresh, natural flavour. With the bakkie brimming full of carefully-packed cooler boxes, its “Home James, and don’t spare the horses”! Our brewers gun it back, eager to maximise the freshness of their harvest and kick off the start of an all-nighter at the brewery – cramming as many fresh whole cone hops into the brew as possible.
The result is a fully loaded, delicious, all hop IPA. Fresh cut grass, pinecones, grapefruit… call it what you will… it’s F*@KING yummy.
Each year the beer tastes a little different. Rumour has it that this year’s batch is the best it’s ever been. Savour it. Enjoy it cold and FRESH.
Because we’ve made only one batch, availability is limited and we’re sending these beauties to select stores. We’ll of course be pouring it in the Taproom so if you’re in our area, pull in for a pint – straight from the source. The rest of you – watch this space! We’ll be updating the below stores list as our precious cargo reaches its destination.
FIND OUR FRESH HOP IPA
- Jack Black’s Taproom!
- Oranjezicht City Farm Market
- Banana Jam
- Beerhouse on Long
- Biggest Little Beer Shop
- Claremont Liquor City
- Kloof Tops
- Seapoint Tops
- The Bar Keeper
- Vredehoek Tops
- Fijnbosch cafe
- Beerhouse Fourways
- Blue Bottle Liquors Centurion
- Choo Choo Junction
- Craft Beer Library
- Horse & River in Vaal
- Riverside Liquors
- Spilt Milk Social Cafe (from April 24th)
- The Bru House & Diner
- Capital Craft Centurion
- Capital Craft Menlopark
- Liquor City Groenkloof
- Liquor City Glen Gables
KZN (from April 24th)
- Meander Fine Wines
- The Wine Cellar Rosetta
- Tops Hilton Quarry
- Tops Hillcrest
- Tops Balito
- Tops Umhlanga
- Tops Eastmanns
- The Bottleshop online store
- 0 likes
FRESH HOP IPA
Small batches. Limited Quantities. Rad ingredients. This pretty much sums up our limited edition beers. We love to stretch our wings, push our brewers, and put our skills to the test. And if the outcome is awesome, we bottle it.
Cue our one-of-a-kind Fresh Hop IPA.
Man, we love this beer. Making it is an adventure. We have the chance to trek up to George during the tiny window period of the fresh hop harvest and hand-pick the precious whole cone hops that shape the character of the brew.
Once again, we were lucky to get our hands on the African Queen varietal, which continues to inspire our label design. Cooler boxes brimming, we rushed back home to hop the sh*t out of the first brew – adding handfuls of hops to the lautertun and then generously throughout the brewing process, maxing out on the fresh cones. Whole Cone Citra was added in the whirlpool for a little extra kick, and we rolled out the hop gun for dry-hopping after fermentation.
And so, each bottle is packed full of seriously fresh flavours without the overpowering bitterness usually associated with heavily hopped IPAs. Crack one open and you’ll experience an explosion of grassy and citrus aromas with fresh berries and grapefruit on the palate, balanced by light earthy wood notes.
This beer is best enjoyed FRESH! Savour it if you’re celebrating a special occasion, or hell, crack one open just because this limited edition brew is reason enough to celebrate.
Join us at the brewery for our launch event on Friday April 20th, or grab a 4 pack or a pint from your nearest store or watering hole. When we say it’s ‘Limited Edition’, we mean it – so mark your calendars! Beers will be available for purchase from April 26th at the below selected outlets – while stocks last!
Of course we’ll be pouring it in the Taproom so if you’re in our area, pull in for a pint – straight from the source.
BUY YOUR FRESH HOP IPA HERE!
- Hank’s Olde Irish (Cape Town City Centre)
- Beer House on LongStreet (Cape Town City Centre)
- Radisson RED (V&A Waterfront)
- Roeland liquors (Gardens)
- Kloof Nek Blue Bottle Liquors (Tamboerskloof)
- A Touch of Madness (Observatory)
- Woodstock liquors (Woodstock)
- Liquor City (Claremont)
- Banana Jam Cafe (Kenilworth)
- Shorties Blue Bottle Liquors (Noordhoek)
- Maties Beer Appreciation Society (Stellenbosch)
- Bottelray Hills (Stellenbosch)
- The Biggest Little Beer Shop (Bellville)
- Beer Yard (Richmond Hill)
- The Blind Pig (Wilderness)
- Tops at Spar
- Capital Craft (Menlopark)
- Capital Craft (Centurion)
- Whisk Irene (Centurion)
- Beerhouse (Fourways)
- The Green Craft Bar – Benoni Country Club (Benoni)
- The Green Craft Bar – Modderfontein Golf Club (Modderfontein)
- The Green Craft Bar – Glenvista Country Club (Glenvista)
- Machics Restaurant and Alehouse (Pretoria)
- Beerhaus Bavaria (Pretoria)
- Liquor City Groenkloof (Pretoria)
- Murrayfield Cellars (Pretoria)
- The Bru House & Diner (Krugersdorp)
- Loco Liquor (Blairgowrie)
- Tops Radiokop (Roodepoort)
- Craft Beer Library (Linden)
- Dry Dock Boutique Liquor (Parkhurst)
- 9th Avenue Bistro (Morningside)
- Marriott Gardens Wine Cellar (Rosetta)
- Tops at Spar (Umhlanga Rocks)
- Salt Rock Liquor Store (Salt Rock)
- Tops at Spar – Tiffany’s Shopping Centre (Ballito)
- Tops at Spar (Ballito)
- Liquor City Ballito Circle (Ballito)
- Tops at Spar (Hillcrest)
- Meander Fine Wines (Lidgetton)
- The Cellar (Durban Central)
- The Quarry Centre (Hilton)
- 2 likes