Satori Film Trailer
To have the confidence to overcome your fears, you need to be completely present in the moment. A moment of satori – a glimpse of truth, or sudden moment of awakening.
Satori Film – Rick Wall’s latest project – documents a close-knit crew of surfers with a strong sense of community and mutual trust in one another. They’ve dedicated their lives to the ocean. Their shared passion is riding the huge waves of two surf breaks situated in the Southern peninsula in Cape Town, South Africa – the infamous Dungeons below the sentinel mountain in Hout Bay, and Sunset Reef (1km out to sea off the small seaside village called Kommetjie). While each surfer is surfing these waves for different reasons, the film uncovers their shared connection to the raw beauty of the ocean beneath them.
We’re so stoked to be hosting the public premiere of this film at our very own brewery.
Date: Saturday 24 November
Time: Doors open 18:00, film starts at 20:00
Tickets available on Quicket.
Join us as we celebrate our shared love for the ocean.
Check out this blog post for more on our partnership with Satori Film.
- Directed by Rick Wall
- Produced by Rick Wall
- Creative Concept & Editing by Rick Wall
- Supervising Editor Paul Speirs
- Grading by Nic Apostolis
- Cinematography Sally Low & Rick Wall
- Original Score by Nic van Reenen
- Additional Music by Andre Geldenhuys, Simon Kohler & Daniel Lidchi
- Sound Design & Final Mix by Nic van Reenen
- Post Production rickwall.tv
- Logo and poster Design by Laura Wall
- Camera Gear Photohire & Canon RSA
- Presented by Jack Black’s Brewing Co & Kommetjie Surf Shop
- In Association with Bos Ice Tea
- 0 likes