We’re Hiring a Brewer!
Job Title: Production Brewer
Reports To: Brewmaster
Location: Diep River, Cape Town, South Africa
You May Just Be The Perfect Fit!
Are you incredibly inspired and passionate about beer?
Do you enjoy and savour the smell of fresh hops and dream of the endless possibilities of creating a variety of beers from clean, crisp lagers to Hoppy IPAs?
Are you willing and ready to keep an open mind and learn all the aspects of production brewing in our state-of-the-art facility?
If so, WE WANT YOU!
We’re seeking motivated, multi-talented, and experienced candidates who are looking to work in a fast-paced environment and are ready to be of part a growing Brewing Team!
What The Job Involves:
- The brewer is responsible for production, from raw ingredients to bright tank.
- Sustaining a clean, sanitary, and “showcase brewery” work environment.
- Assisting with ongoing day-to-day operations within the brewery; anything from being on the brewing deck to exterior tank scrubbing.
- Assisting with the monitoring of yeast health, fermentation, cropping, and general yeast management.
- A complete willingness to get your hands dirty in the brew house, cellar, packaging hall, and warehouse.
- Being an independent worker and having the ability to work with little supervision, but knowing when to ask for clear guidance.
- Being passionate about meeting growing demands and performing other duties as needed and assigned.
- An eagerness to be part of a strong team of brewers with safety, accountability, professionalism, teamwork and fun in the forefront of the culture.
Critical Job Requirements:
- The ability to lift up to 50KG
- Capable of working in a safe and competent manner, and being aware of surrounds in an environment that has heavy machinery, equipment, chemicals and systems.
- Able to work in a noisy and high traffic manufacturing environment.
- Flexible to work on weekends and/or weeknights and respond to high priority requests.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an excellent driving record. Own transport is a must.
- Ability to take on various levels of responsibility from complex to simple tasks with a great attitude.
- Ability to take direction well, follow verbal and written SOP’s.
What You Should Have:
- A four-year degree in Science is a plus.
- A certification from an accredited brewing program is also a plus.
- In lieu of a related degree or certification, at a minimum 1 year experience in production brewing.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- An entry-level understanding of brewing and cellaring is required.
- Experience with process automation is highly desirable.
We offer a great benefit package:
- Competitive salary
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Job Growth & Training
And of Course….A monthly beer allowance and Tap Room discounts!!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Black Brewing Co. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- 4 likes