Job Title: Taproom Sales Specialist
We’re looking for a hustler with a work hard, play hard kinda attitude. Someone with a ‘roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in’ approach. 9 – 5 behind a desk not for you? Great. Wanna spend your time connecting with other people, building long-term relationships on behalf of the brand, and selling one of the best spaces in Cape Town – and get paid for it? Read on.
The Jack Black Taproom sits within our state of the art Brewery at Diep River, Cape Town. The Taproom is our true brand home. We are looking for someone who has a love for both beer and people… someone who understands community and sub-cultures.
The role requires personality, event management, a nose for new opportunities and some solid sales skills. We expect you to be dependable, trustworthy, consistent, thorough and able to take the initiative. If you’re goal orientated, up for a challenge, can work a little bit of magic, and believe that ‘Sales’ requires a custom approach, we’re probably looking for you.
Bring feet through the door by identifying, developing and fostering relationships.
- Implement Sales Plan for Jack Black Taproom
- Host individuals and groups at the brewery – share the brewing process and brand story
- Identifying, developing and fostering relationships with key players in the target groups
- Reporting on progress, successes, challenges, and opportunities
- Confident – not arrogant.
- Self-starter – not a lone ranger.
- Can work in a team – not a coaster.
- Eye for new opportunities – not impulsive.
- Loves beer – not necessarily a ‘beer geek’.
- Hustler – not a swindler.
- Solutions-driven – not a know-all.
- Story-teller – not a big-talker.
- Entertainer – not a clown.
- Able to hold a conversation – not an ‘I’ specialist.
- Enjoys a good beer – not a party animal.
- Fluent in English.
- Desirable: speaks another local language.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Understanding of beer and brewing is preferred.
- Passionate to learn more about craft beer and Jack Black.
- Technologically-oriented with experience reporting and sharing data (intermediate Excel and MS Word).
- Able to work independently with a sense of purpose, and function collaboratively alongside a larger team.
- Loves working with other people and presents a positive outlook.
- High energy and enjoys being out and about.
- Mature and seeks to learn from supervisors and peers.
- Hungry to learn and able to flourish in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Results-driven focus and tenacious work ethic, with the drive, resolve, and urgency to do “whatever it takes” to accomplish specific goals.
- Local travel approximately 80% of the time.
- Unusual / extensive hours: May be required to work long or unpredictable hours.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Must be available nights during Taproom opening hours.
- Driver’s license (with acceptable insurance record).
Sound good? To apply please submit:
- Your CV.
- Letters of reference.
- A cover letter.
In your cover letter, please tell us about:
- Where you’re from
- Your favourite lunch spot
- Your favourite place for Friday night drinks
- Where you go or what you do to let your hair down
- Your idea of a perfect weekend
- What’s currently on your playlist
- What you love about beer
- How Jack Black is different from other craft breweries
- Your dreams for your future / what you’re working towards
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every applicant. If you haven’t been contacted 14 days after your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.