As the summer kicks off in South Africa we turn our attention to one of the highlights on the Jack Black events calendar – the Wavescape Surf & Ocean Festival.
Since 2012, it’s been an honor to partner with this phenomenal festival, which brings together an amazing community of like-minded folks, sharing in stories of surfing, sustainability, adventure and activism. With Vans headlining this year’s festival, we’ll see an extra week of events – extending the festival with dates from 9 November to 9 December!
“We’re excited to once again partner with the festival and stoked to be hosting events at the Taproom. 2019 marked a significant milestone in our sustainability journey, as we moved our shrink wrap packaging away from plastic. We’re inspired by the conservation and ocean activism of the festival and love to celebrate with such an awesome community benefitting so many worthy causes” – Meg McCulloch, Jack Black Co Founder
Keep your eyes peeled for more info on the festival – and start marking your calendars. The festival kicks off at Jack Black’s Taproom on Nov 9th – and it’s gonna to be biggie – more info coming soon!
So here’s the lineup:
- Sat 9 Nov – Vans Festival Launch (live bands, Tony Alva premiere), Jack Black’s Tap Room, 18:00 – Tickets
- Thu 14 Nov – Ocean Pledge Film Night, The Electric, District Six, 19:30
- Sat 16 Nov – Beach Co-Op Seaside Scavenge, Monwabesi Beach, 09:00
- Mon 18 Nov – Artboard Exhibition starts, Jack Black’s Tap Room, daily 09:00-17:00
- Wed 20 Nov – Oceans Alive: evening of surf, ocean and activism, Two Oceans Aquarium, 19:00
- Thu 21-22 Nov – Deep South Surf Films, Camel Rock, Scarborough, 19:30
- Sat 23 Nov – Beach Co-op Evening, Harvest Cafe, Muizenberg, 19:00
- Wed 27 Nov – Artboard Project Charity Auction, Jack Black’s Tap Room, Diep River, 19:30
- Sat 30 Nov – Clifton 4th Beach Screening, 20:00
- Mon 2 Dec – Slide Night, Centre for the Book, 19:00
- Wed 4 Dec – Changing Oceans Master Class, InvestSA One Stop Shop, 18:30
- Thu 5-8 Dec – Film Festival, Labia Theatre, 18:00 and 20.30
- Thu 5 Dec – Vans Night, 20:30
- Fri 6 Dec – Beach Co-op Plastic China screening, 18:00
- Fri 6 Dec – York Night, 20.30
- Sat 7 Dec – All Africa Night, 20:30
- Sun 8 Dec – Gone Night, 20:30
All proceeds from the event are donated to beneficiaries such as the NSRI, Shark Spotters, the 9 Miles Project, Ocean Pledge, Beach Co-op and South African Adaptive Surfing.
Supporting partners include Wesgro, Marine Stewardship Council, Petco, Long Beach Capital, Gone, and York Surf.
For more details check out the festival website: www.wavescapefestival.com