Job Title: Financial Manager
As one of the leading craft breweries in South Africa, our purpose at Jack Black is to delight and connect South Africa’s beer drinkers with the best craft beer in the country. We’ve being doing this with passion, since 2007.
Jack Black believes in our brands and our people. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking team players who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes? Read on!
We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is essential. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team, then we want you to join us, a group of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities.
In the role of Financial Manager you will be directly responsible leading and developing your administration team in the implementation and execution of Jack Black’s accounting policies and procedures solidifying fiduciary soundness at the brewery. Assist in developing and maintaining the brewery’s state of internal controls, delivering timely and transparent operational and financial reporting, and providing analytics, advice and recommendations to help the management team make informed strategic decisions to reduce costs, enhance controls and achieve goals and plans.
You will lead and motivate your team towards the vision of a high-performance team culture and drive management initiatives to continually improve both plant and process operations to meet the highest operational standards.
This position reports to the MD and works directly with the Group Operations Manager and his teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development of annual brewery and departmental budgets; coordinating, consolidating and reviewing, ensuring brewery deliverables are incorporated and aligned to corporate plans.
- Analyze and review actual performance against approved budgets on daily, weekly, monthly cadences.
- Provide broad support spanning brewery and corporate stakeholders to include: budgeting, planning, forecasting, reporting, and analytics. Focus areas span revenue/expense activity, excise tax reporting, fixed/variable budgeting, prompt and accurate vendor payments, timely and accurate payroll processing, and cost savings initiatives.
- Perform all month end procedures including that of VAT and Excise Submissions.
- Be the link between us and our banking partners.
- Plan and project the cash flow accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies such as WCLA and the NLA.
- Assist with the compilation of the financials with regard to our offshore entity.
- Oversee audit compliance activities – preparation, execution, and closure.
- And last but very importantly – the ability to roll up your sleeves and help…“to just get the job done…no matter what!”
Education: Master’s Degree Accounting, Chartered Accountant CA (SA)
Skills: Certified Management Accountant, Accounting, Manufacturing Experience
Software: Highly proficient in Excel, Xero, Pastel Partner and Ikentoo
Benefits: Staff pricing, tap room allowance, competitive salary
We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique craft brew.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every applicant. If you haven’t been contacted 14 days you’re your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.