We’re looking for a head chef to join and lead our Kitchen Team.
If you’re a beer and food lover with great experience in the kitchen, read on – this role might be just for you…
The Jack Black Taproom sits within our state of the art Brewery in Diep River, Cape Town and is our true brand home. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for food, beer and people… someone who understands the importance of consistency and solid teamwork.
The role requires personality, commitment, a strong eye for detail, an excellent pallet and superior management skills. The right candidate for this role is dependable, trustworthy, consistent, organised and able to take initiative and lead a kitchen team.
Head Chef – lead your team and ensure very high quality standards are met; the food exiting the kitchen must be of excellent quality.
- Staff management
- Implementation & upkeep of the kitchen standards and SOP’s
- Menu planning
- Maintenance & upkeep of the kitchen hygiene & equipment
- Kitchen finance
- Stock & wastage control
- Hard worker
- Positive attitude
- Takes initiative
- Solution finder – not problem seeker
- Go getter
- Career driven
- Fluent in English.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Passionate to learn more about craft beer and Jack Black.
- Technologically-capable (intermediate Excel and MS Word).
- Loves working with other people and presents a positive outlook.
- High energy and enjoys being the captain of the ship.
- Mature and seeks to learn from supervisors and peers.
- Hungry to learn and able to flourish in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Results-driven and tenacious work ethic, with the drive, resolve, and urgency to do “whatever it takes” to accomplish specific goals.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the food industry.
- Experience in running a super busy pass.
- Demonstrate rather than dictate and earn respect.
- Great communication skills
- Previous experience leading a team in the kitchen
- Own transport and Driver’s license (with acceptable insurance record) a must.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours: Must be available during Taproom opening hours.
- Chef diploma or higher
- Must have a neat and tidy presence
Sound good? To apply please submit:
- Your CV.
- Letters of reference.
- A cover letter.
In your cover letter, please tell us more about yourself:
- Where you’re from
- What you love about food
- Your favourite food style
- Where you go or what you do to let your hair down
- Your idea of a perfect weekend
- What’s currently on your playlist
- Who is your food hero and why
- If you had a choice for your last meal on earth – what would it be and why
- Your dreams for your future / what you’re working towards
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Salary: R12 000.00 – R16 000.00 – performance-related