As a leading South African craft brewery, our purpose is to delight and connect SA’s beer drinkers with the best craft beer in the country. We’ve being doing this with passion, since 2007. Jack Black believes in our brands and our people. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking team players who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
You know you are a Brewer…
If you enjoy and savour the smell of fresh hops and dream of the endless possibilities of creating a variety of beers from clean, crisp lagers to Hoppy IPA’s? If you are keen to learn all the aspects of the production brewing in our state of an art facility? If you are motivated, multi-talented, and have some experience brewing and want to work in a fast-paced environment and are ready to be of part a growing Brewing Team!… WE WANT YOU!
Jack Black Brewing Co is seeking motivated, multi-talented, and experienced candidates that are looking to work in a fast-paced environment and are ready to be of part a growing Brewing Team! Below are some details about this exciting opportunity:
Who you are?
- An independent worker and the ability to work with little supervision but knowing when to ask for clear guidance
- Passionate to meet growing demands and perform other duties as needed and assigned
- Eagerness to be part of a strong team of brewers with safety, accountability, professionalism, teamwork and fun in the forefront of the culture
What The Job Involves:
- A complete willingness to get your hands dirty in the brew house, cellar, packaging hall, and warehouse
- A responsibility for production from raw ingredients to bright tank
- Ability to sustain a clean, sanitary, and “showcase brewery” work environment
- Assist with ongoing day-to-day operations within the brewery; anything from being on the brewing deck to exterior tank scrubbing
- Assist with the monitoring of yeast health, fermentation, cropping, and general yeast management
- An understanding of brewing and cellaring is required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with process automation is highly desirable
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in science is a plus
- a certification from an accredited brewing program is also a plus
- In lieu of a related degree or certification, at a minimum 2 year in production brewing
Critical Job Requirements:
- Capable of working in a safe and competent manner and being aware of surrounds in an environment that has heavy machinery, equipment, chemicals and systems
- Ability to take on various levels of responsibility from complex to simple tasks with a great attitude
- Ability to take direction well, follow verbal and written SOP’s
- Able to work in a noisy and high traffic manufacturing environment
- Shift work required which will include weekends
- Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an excellent driving record, own transport is a must
- The ability to lift up to 30KG
JACK BLACK BREWING CO – Offers a Great Benefit Package:
Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
Job Growth & Training
And of Course….A Monthly Beer Allowance and Tap Room discounts!
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Black Brewing Co. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, please consider yourself unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within a 14 day period.