Job Title: Brewery Area Manager (Packaging)
As one of the leading breweries in South Africa, our purpose at Jack Black is to delight and connect South Africa’s beer drinkers with the best craft beer in the country. We’ve being doing this with passion, since 2007.
Jack Black believes in our brands and our people. We’re always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking team players who love beer and want to join our dynamic team.
We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is essential. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team, then consider joining us, a group of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities…
You’re quick on your toes, have incredible attention to detail and able to switch from one project to the next at pace, all the while delivering exceptional results. You have very strong administration skills, can function in an environment where you are required to focus on a multitude of tasks at once, and always keep your cool, ensuring you and your brand team are aligned, motivated and on track. Think you’ve got what it takes….read on!
Qualification and Experience:
- Brewing Qualifications/ Business Management Degree/ Operations Management Degree
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience within a Bottling or Brewing plant.
- Minimum of 3 years previous FMCG mid-management experience
- Above average analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excel competent
Key Outputs and Accountabilities:
- Work alongside COO to ensure alignment, implementation, measuring and tracking of strategic milestones to achieve the business plan.
- Manage Plant, Process and Systems
- Communicate and align weekly packaging schedule with your team, including a clear strategy of how the plan will be achieved.
- Ensuring that the weekly packaging schedules are met, reporting progress to the COO daily. Any challenges or opportunities are to be reported immediately to the COO.
- Takes appropriate corrective action when deviations to target performance are timeously identified.
- Communicate Key Performance Indicator trends to maximize production performance.
- Interprets and uses relevant data to suggest business cases for improvement opportunities
- Oversee procurement process for your area – this includes engaging and building supplier relationships, negotiations, and service level agreements where necessary
- Ensuring inventory model stocks are maintained in relation to the supply plan, lead times and MOQ’s – including returnable packaging, pallets and kegs.
- Record and measure packaging material usage in order to track losses and monitor spend versus the operational budget
- Liaise with the Marketing Department to ensure packaging raw materials meet specifications.
- Health and Safety leader – Manage Health and Safety plan for your area. Member of the OHSA Committee.
- Recruit and maintain talent and skill within your area. Enforce disciplinary code within your area.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique craft brew.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every applicant. If you haven’t been contacted 14 days after your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.