As the leading South African craft brewery, our purpose is to delight and connect SA’s beer drinkers with the best craft beer in the country. We’ve being doing this with PASSION, since 2007. Jack Black believes in our brand and our people. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking team players who love beer, people, and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Simply put, we dig what we do; we love making great beer and sharing it with our communities!
The role is responsible for a defined set of accounts that are critical to the ongoing development of the Jack Black brand. As a Jack Black Sales Ambassador, you will be primarily focused in the on premise. You will be responsible for delivering brand visibility and core brand messaging to key Jack Black accounts. This position is heavily weighted on sales and relationship goals.
The ideal candidate has an in-depth understanding of the alcohol, craft beer, and on-premise industry. You will need to have a self-starter approach, with strong inter-personal skills, accountability, and a real passion for building the Jack Black brand. You will need to be able to work in a team environment and be able to quickly understand your accounts and associated communities. This position requires a dynamic personality and a talent for connecting with people.
It is important to note that this role has unorthodox hours and demands.
- Must be fluent in both (local language) and English
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Strong selling, negotiation skills and persuasion skills
- Active listening – This is the key to all sales presentations, understanding your goals can only be achieved by listening to account needs and filling those needs
- Excellent time management skills- able to be proactive and take initiative
- Knowledge of all Jack Black beers, other craft beers and the craft beer community
- Technologically-oriented with experience reporting and sharing data (intermediate Excel and MS Word).
- Practical experience with draught dispensing systems
- Works independently with a sense of purpose; highly goal-oriented
- Impeccable integrity, honesty and shared Jack Black values
- Loves working with other people; presents a positive outlook
- High energy and enjoys being out (not for someone who prefers desk work)
- Ability to function collaboratively alongside a larger organization
- Hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Results-driven focus and tenacious work ethic, with the drive, resolve, and urgency to do “whatever it takes” to accomplish specific goals
- Reports directly to the Jack Black Business Development Director
- Will have frequent interaction with the local sales and CT-based marketing team
- Will have frequent interaction with pre-determined distributor team
- Will build numerous relationships in the trade, particularly with craft-centric accounts.
- Will build numerous relationships Brand Ambassadors, Influencers and community stake-holders
- Local travel approximately 80% of the time
- Unusual/extensive hours: May be required to work long or unpredictable hours. Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Must be available nights and weekends
- Physical: Required to lift 14kg cases, and 30 litre kegs and various point-of-sales boxes on a periodic basis
- Valid driver’s license (with acceptable insurance record)
- Ability to use reporting technologies and software
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 – 7 years sales experience in the industry
- Field Sales Management tools / CRM tools
SOUND GOOD? TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT:
- Your CV
- Letters of reference
- A cover letter
IN YOUR COVER LETTER, PLEASE TELL US ABOUT:
- Where you’re from?
- Your favourite breakfast spot?
- Your favourite place for Friday night drinks?
- Where you go or what you do to let your hair down?
- Your idea of a perfect weekend?
- What makes a good sales person?
- What you love about beer?
- Why is Jack Black ‘more than just a beer’?
- Why you’re suited for this role?
Looking forward to hearing from you!